Fedora Core Support List Unofficial User's Guide (draft 2 - Duncan Lithgow))

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 1 17:10:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:16:24 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> ======
>>
>> 1. Run the 'man' command. Get a terminal window by right clicking on
>> the desktop. In the window type (without the '$')
>> $ man <application-name>
>> Substitute <application-name> with the name of the application you are
>> having trouble with.
>
> info command name
> locate <stuff you want to know about>
> rpm -qd <packagename>

I'm in the habit of using rpm -q, and also man; so I tried man rpm (wow!),
and dug for -d. It told me a little in two places about doc[ument(s)] --
but that tells me nothing, alas! What does rpm -qd do for you in practice
that rpm -q does not??

--
Beartooth Implacable, Linux Evangelist & Gadfly
neo-redneck, curmudgeonly codger with FC1 & YDL 4.0