Strange email?

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:19:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:08:29 -0500, Gene Heskett
<gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> Maybe I didn't word the query to the list correctly.  It should have
> noted that I've done nothing (that I know of) to start mailman, so
> why, on 1 mar 2005 do I get the message?
>
> The history goes all the way back to april 1997 and its never sent me
> such an email before.

Well I hate to sound snippy about it, but if you are not using it,
then why is it installed? Seriously, I don't mean to come off as a
wise-ass, but it's commonly thought of as a best practice not to open
potential holes by installing software you are not going to use.

My suggestion would be to uninstall it.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)