(no subject)

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:20:17 UTC 2005

On 1 Mar 2005 19:14:24 -0000, ravi shrivastava <boom8381 at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> I am having problem in MySQL on fedora core 1.I have selected the option
> while installation but Mysql is not running.Help me out.Thankyou.

OK, a couple of things...

First, before posting questions, you might try searching the archives.
This question came up just yesterday and was answered.

Second, when you post a question, please use a subject line. With the
traffic that is generated on this list, a lot of people will skim over
the subjects and only look at questions that are relevent to them.

Finally, to answer your question, you installed the mysql client, but
not the server.

If you have Yum configured, you should be able to install the server like this:

yum install mysql-server