Fedora Core Support List Unofficial User's Guide (draft 2 - Duncan Lithgow))

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 1 19:33:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:35:20 -0600
David Hoffman <dhoffman2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The archives are sorted by subject line. Here's a quick example. The
> two links below go to two DIFFERENT threads on the same archive site.
> The only reason they were listed as different threads is because
> "SOLVED" was added to the subject line. These links only lead to a
> test message, but there are many other instances that I have found on
> the same archive site that do the same thing. (And the same is true
> for the redhat archive site).

... but the official archives sorts this thread correctly.  Isn't the
issue really that the marc archive has broken threading?

For example, see

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-February/thread.html

The "Test, please ignore" messages are sorted this way:

# Test, Please ignore., Gustavo Seabra
    * Re: Test, Please ignore. [Solved], Gustavo Seabra
          o Re: Test, Please ignore. [Solved], jim lawrence

(in other words, adding "solved" does NOT break the thread.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!