Plextor DVD problems

Angelo Machils angelus at sangreal.demon.nl
Tue Mar 1 22:27:47 UTC 2005

Hello there!

I have exchanged my Sony DVD reader with a Plextor PX-116A and also
installed a Plextor PX-716A DVD writer. When I put a burned DVD into
either one of these drives they show up on the desktop, but when I open
them, they are seen as empty (blank) disks. I can however mount them
manually as my normal user and go to the mountpoint in a terminal. Only
there I can see the contents of the disk.
Other times I can't even mount the disk at all. All this only happens
with DVD's, not CD's.

My /etc/fstab entries are:

/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed 0 0
/dev/hdb                /media/cdrom            auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed 0 0

I'm running Gnome on FC3 x86-64, fully updated.

Kind regards, Angelo