Backup to CD

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 2 00:00:43 UTC 2005

Luan Pham wrote:
> How do I backup my Home directory to a CD-R.  What software shoukd I
> used.  BTW I am usinfg Fedora Core 3.

One of the easiest interactive ways is to use gtoaster under Gnome or
xcdrecord.  Select the files you want to back up and click "record".
It'll create an ISO of the stuff and burn it to the CD-R.

If you want to automate it, you can use build a script that specifies
directories to mkisofs, then tells cdrecord to burn the iso file.

See "man mkisofs" and "man cdrecord" for details.
-         Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?        -