Credit Card authorization from FC3

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Mar 2 02:19:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 20:02 -0600, Thomas Cameron wrote:

> I am really not sure that PAM is the way to do this.  I would think it
> would be a lot easier to just use any of the shopping cart packages out
> there and a pretty simple session timer.

    No?  I'd planned a lookup from the card to an LDAP database to work
out which user it is.  I've seen the other system; they seem kinda
thrown together.  And most of them have schemes to take dollars and
cents, but they seem to be pay-ahead, and shutting off the user at some
point is intrusive and requires an infrastructure that's not built in.

    Wait...'shopping cart'?  Are we both talking about Internet Cafe's?
That's what this is.

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller