Tftp/fedora3/transfer Timed Out

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Wed Mar 2 06:00:57 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:

>HI All,
>
>this is my 1st time to use tftp on Linux, as opposed to a tftp app on
>Windows. I know I'm close. Any pointers.? Cheers.
>
>tftp> put /home/coolboarderguy/downloads/cobalt/960-
>RAQ20101AU.iso /tftpboot/cobalt/960-RAQ20101AU.iso
>Transfer timed out.
>
>The above file is 200mb, so I also tested an empty file, with the same
>results.
>
>Mark Sargent.

Hi All,

I still am having problems with this. I can get it started, which gives
me the tftp> prompt and status displays this,
tftp> status
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Mode: netascii Verbose: off Tracing: off
Rexmt-interval: 5 seconds, Max-timeout: 25 seconds
 But, I can't seem to transfer anything. I'm trying to upload an IOS to
a Catalyst1900C and keep getting a "transfer incomplete" error in
minicom. Can anyone suggest some things to check for..? I've no
experience with tftp on any platform whatsoever. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.