Dovecot config imap and pop3

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:16:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:42:42 +0100, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Am Mi, den 02.03.2005 schrieb Kevin Old um 15:18:
> > default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
> >
> > How would I get an imap account setup?
>
> It is the same. You don't have to care. The user is advised to decide
> how he want to use the mail account (see annotation above).
>
> > Kevin Old

So, you're saying I can just connect to any account with an imap
connection and it'll just work correctly?  Awesome!  Please forgive
the "new toy on Christmas morning" reaction, but I've never had the
chance to dive into imap accounts until now.

My only concern was with the mbox format rather than the maildir
format that imap accounts prefer, right?

Thanks,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old