Website info request

Age Bosma agebosma at home.nl
Wed Mar 2 16:49:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

I want to start using Linux and at this stage Fedora is the one I would
like to give a try.

When browsing the website I found that 2 important things are missing:

- Package info
I wasn't able to find a page which gave me some info about what each
disc actually contains. Are all 4 disc necessary to be able to install
Fedora? Since the distribution is 4 disc big in total, providing this
info might reduce the amount of downloads if not all disc are realy
necessary.

- Support
There is no obvious location on the site with support info. I'm not even
sure this mailing list is the one I should send this stuff to. A page
with at least mailing list info would be handy to have.

At this stage there aren't any docs available about how to install/use
Fedora, only docs about how to write docs, am I right?
This was a bit confusing to me.
It might be usefull to say this on the website to prevent people from
getting confused or to prevent unnecessary digging in the site in case
they think it's "hidden" somewhere by accident.

Anyway, just my 2 cents ;-)

Also, when can any new docs be expected? Not that I need any at this
stage, installing Fedora isn't difficult at all but is there already a
way to have a look at some docs in "beta" (or even "alpha") stage?

Yours,

Age