testing threading - please ignore

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:22:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 06:37:25 -0700, Charles Curley
<charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 03:04:40PM -0600, David Hoffman wrote:
> > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:23:28 +0000, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> >
> > > This is because the tool handling the threading is using the References:
> > > headers in the email to do it, rather than the naive Subject:-based
> > > method used by the MARC-archives.
> > >

> > That's probably what gmail is basing theirs on as well.
> >
> > Looking at this thread and then the "changed" one... shows up as two
> > different threads in gmail.
>
> Then gmail is broken, as I have suspected. I wonder what else is
> broken about it? No, don't answer, I won't use gmail unless they fix
> threading.

Again, this is a known issue in GMail. Look at:
http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8259&query=conversation+thread&topic=0&type=f&ctx=search

They say they are 'working hard' to solve it, but they have been
saying that for a while now, and I don't see any changes yet.

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680