Keep Authorization

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Mar 2 21:20:46 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 02.03.2005 schrieb GONZALEZ, Jose A. um 21:49:

> I have the Fedora Core 2 release and I keep getting a key in my task bar
> when trying to use a system app or even to check services.  When I click
> on the key I get a popup message asking:

> "Question -- You're currently authorized to configure system-wide
> settings (that affect all users) without typing the administrator
> password again.  You can give up this authorization." -Keep
> Authorization-- --Forget Authorization-(Two Buttons).

> When I click on "Keep Authorization" the key stays in the tray and
> nothing happens.  When I click on "Forget Authorization" the key
> disappears but again nothing happens and I still can't open a system
> settings application such as services.

> Has anyone seen this before and can help?  Thanks

> Joe Gonzalez

If I say "keep authorisation" I can use any other application which
requires root permissions. If I say "forget authorisation" just a second
later the icon disappears from notification area and I need to reenter
the root password to use privileged tools.
So, it acts like it shall.

Alexander

P.S. Please don't post HTML mail messages to this list.

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 22:18:10 up 9 days, 9:26, load average: 0.58, 0.32, 0.30