FC3 max memory

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 00:02:36 UTC 2005

Alexander Lazarevich wrote:
> [root at blah root]# uname -a
> Linux blah 2.6.10-1.741_FC3smp #1 SMP Thu Jan 13 16:58:29 EST 2005 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

A certain amount of "x86-64" there!

Rick Stevens wrote:
> If you look at the "/boot/config-`uname -r`" file, you can see which
> memory model you have.  The default one for FC3 on an i686 is 4GB:

... and gave lots more good advice. But for 32 bit computing, not 64 bit
computing.

Which is not to say that experimenting with 32 bits (to check what's
going wrong) might not be needed in this case.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Cream coloured ponies and crisp apple strudels,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Doorbells and sleigh-bells and -- GUARDS, SEIZE THEM!