fc3 - raid 1 setup problems

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Wed Mar 2 19:05:02 UTC 2005

let me be a little more specific about this problem

I first choose automatic partitions...see what they do auto then I go
back to disk druid.

automatic showed partions and mounts @:
         /boot  102mb
	/       114369
       swap     512  (I have 512 Ram)

2 ide 120 gb wd drives:  hdb  hdc

in Druid:
>new>hdb1 only>software RAID>fill to 102mb>primary partition checked
>new>hdb2 only>software RAID>fill to 114369
new>hdb3 only>swap>fill to 512
new>hdc1 only>software RAID>fill to 102mb>primary partition checked
new>hdc2 only>software RAID>fill to 114369
new>hdc3 only>swap>fill to 512

>RAID>create device md(0) mountpoint = /boot >hdb1,hdc1 checked
>RAID>create device md(1) mountpoint = / > hdb2, hdc2 checked

that's bout it...chose next and we on the way...starts installing and
whammo...no disk space grrrrrrrrrrr ...system will reboot...just hit ok

I am discounting memory problems as this same box was running freebsd
for weeks at a time 24/7 w/no probs.

thx

John Rose

--
The only thing Micro$oft has done for society is make people believe
that computers are inherently unreliable.