Keep Authorization

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Mar 3 04:03:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:38:17PM -0500, Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:
> > > Ah, no, I see, it doesn't work with UGROUPS in usermode. I guess it's my
> > > place to fix that. :)
> > (Or with USER=<user>, for that matter.)
> That makes sense, in an inconvenient sort of way.  The panel icon
> specifically checks if you have entered the password for "root".
> There's more about this in pam_timestamp_check(8).

Yep, looking at it now. :)

This also means that if you run system-config-something from an xterm,
there's no indication that that terminal has cached credentials (which is of
course pretty much how it's always been with sudo). It'd be nice if there
were some sort of indication -- maybe something clever with
PROMPT_COMMAND....

4