Spamassassin 3.0.2 autolearn=ham/spam/no

crisppy fernandes crisppyf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 09:17:58 UTC 2005

> > I have a problem related to spamassassin-3.0.2 which i have packged for my use.
> > I have installed all rpms of spam-3.0.2 on my FC2 box. and then i have
> > sent spam mail message to check whether its working properly or not on
> > my box. Its able to grab the spam and giving header info as spam i.e.
> > but in its header information its giving """ autolearn=ham """ which
> > should not be the case when its spam. rather it should be
> > autolearn=spam.
> > so can anybody of you help me in identifying where is the things wrong
> > , i have not packged properly  or i need to change something in some
> > configuration file.
>
> It is possible the message was learned as ham.
>
> When deciding if message should be learned as ham or spam, some tests
> are ignored, as described in Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf manual page:
>
>    - rules with tflags set to 'learn'
>    - rules with tflags set to 'userconf'
>    - rules with tflags set to 'noautolearn'
>
> For example, if you used GTUBE spam example for your "spam mail"
> (sample-spam.txt file distributed with SpamAssassin), than it will most
> likely be learned as ham.  GTUBE rule has tflags set to "userconf
> noautolearn", and will be ignored when deciding should email be learned
> as ham or spam.  After all, GTUBE spam example isn't really a spam...
> Try testing with some real piece of spam.
>
> --

In my case spamassassin-3.0.2 is catching sample-spam mail but not
able to catch any other spam mail.
entries in my local.cf are:

rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****
report_safe 1

> spamassassin -D < /path/to/file

this does not seem to be wrking. as giving nothing as output.

and

> sa-learn --spam --showdots /mail/folder/here
is wrking fine and giving output
1 message learned. etc.

i dont know if i am missing something in some configuration file.

thanxs for any help

--
Crisppy Fernandes