Black Screen After YUM Update Revisited:

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Thu Mar 3 14:23:31 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Mark Sargent wrote:
>
>> P.S. Paul, how's the time-zone...hehe..
>

> Timezone fine. Clock 24 hours fast.
>
> Paul.

Hi All,

how weird is this. Hacksaw, you sent a reply suggesting chmod 1777 /tmp,
which my work PC retrieved, whilst leaving all mail on server, but, when
getting home, my PC doesn't retrieve it, but, when checking via web
access, the email is there...truly a weird one. Ok, the chmod 1777 /tmp
didn't change anything, still got the same error when starting X Server.
Starting to annoy me. Been more tha 2 weeks now. This weekend is lookin
good for a re-install of FC3. Cheers.

Time-Zone/Date Time on Knoppix3.7:
Even though I configure it correctly, and save my config before shutting
down, it always appears wrong at the next boot. Sorry, Paul. Sometimes I
forget to check it b4 sending mail.

Mark Sargent.