Running GUI applications from GNOME terminal

Marcin Szarek marcin.szarek at sezam.pl
Thu Mar 3 14:57:30 UTC 2005

Hello,

Some programs don't start when invoking from GNOME terminal. The output
says that the program "cannot open display". My $DISPLAY equals ':0.0'.
What should I do to be able to run for example Oracle Universal
Installer from terminal?

TIA

Best regards,
--
  .~.         MARCIN SZAREK <marcinDOTszarekATsezamDOTpl>
  /V\             Network / IT Systems Administrator