Black Screen After YUM Update Revisited:

Hacksaw hacksaw at hacksaw.org
Thu Mar 3 15:50:30 UTC 2005

>This weekend is lookin
>good for a re-install of FC3. Cheers.

At this point, it's what I'd recommend.

In my previous jobs, I had a limit: I could spend 1/2 the amount of time that
a reinstall would take trying to fix a problem.

Usually with Linux and unix, I felt like I was making progress, and often
solved the problem in far less than the allotted time.

This was rarely so with Windows problems.

So, I'm kind of sad to see you having to reinstall, but your time should be
spent enjoying the system, not questing after dumb installation bugs.
--
The best is the enemy of the good  -- Voltaire
The Good Enough is the enemy of the Great -- Me