VIA SATA Hardware RAID configuration with Fedora core 3 -- Very Urgent ....

Markku Kolkka markkuk at tuubi.net
Thu Mar 3 20:39:49 UTC 2005

Poonchezhian P. kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 4.
maaliskuuta 2005 03:35):
> I'm installing Fedora core 3 on a AMD 64 bit m/c. It holds an
> ASUS K8V-X Motherboard with SATA RAID controller supporting
> RAID 0 & 1.

No, the _controller_ doesn't support anything. The RAID support
is in the BIOS and in (Windows-only) drivers supplied with the
board. See: http://linux.yyz.us/sata/faq-sata-raid.html

> But the OS doesnot seem to recognize the RAID
> controller. Please let me know how the enable the H/W RAID for
> Fedora core 3??

You don't have any H/W RAID. Use Linux native software RAID that
can be set up in Fedora installation, or buy a real hardware
RAID controller.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka at iki.fi