network query; route command

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 03:13:47 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 18:16, Shelagh Manton wrote:

> PS what's a zeroconf route. (exposing the depths of my ignorance here!)

>From what I have read and seen it is pretty much useless.  I have yet to
see a group of systems spontaneously establish a network using those
default IP addresses.  Besides I'm not sure it is a good idea to let
your system establish a network connection to potentially unknown
systems.  IMHO best to disable zeroconf on systems as part of the
install process.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com