Fedora Core 3 problems

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Mar 4 08:25:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 23:01 -0600, Chris Augustine wrote:
> I have just installed Fedora, 3 and the installation was very smooth,
> but when I try to boot it always stops at configuring kernel
> options... any pointers?

Next time you try to boot, press a key to enter the grub menu.

In the grub menu, press "e" to edit the kernel boot line.

Delete the "rhgb quiet" from the end of the line (if they're there) and
add "nofb 3" in their place. Then press enter to boot. It might still
not boot but you should get some better diagnostics. If it does boot,
you'll get to a console login screen, without X.

What graphics hardware do you have?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>