Booting from a CD Drive

Frederick Alexander Thomssen ml-fedora at fathomssen.de
Fri Mar 4 09:38:45 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 10:21, Mitch Pratt wrote:
> I have a copy of Fedora Core 3 on CD with instructions to boot the PC from
> the CD.   The Boot Drive for my PC is Drive A for floppy disks and I cannot
> find any information as to how I can change the Boot Drive to one that uses
> CD's.   It is suggested that I may have to change the BIOS settings.   My
> computer is an Intel Pentium CPU 2.40 Ghz 496 MB RAM.
>
> Please help!
>
> Mitch Pratt

Well, yes - you have to change the boot order in your BIOS. Some BIOSes boot
order can be changed at bootup by pressing the F8 key but not every BIOS
supports this. Otherwise you have to enter BIOS setup (Del or F2 or F12 or
whatever) and find the entry for the boot order. There you usually can change
from "Drive A:" or "Floppy" to "CD-ROM". Oh, and your cd-drive must have been
detected by your BIOS (so it may not be turned off or "none" or however you
BIOS calls it).

freddy

--
Frederick Alexander Thomssen