FC1 to FC2

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Fri Mar 4 11:04:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 10:49 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> emxsi wrote:
> > I am trying to upgrade (run "yum upgrade")my FC1 to FC2 and got stuck with this line.
> >

> > resolving dependencies
> > ..conflict between libc-client and imap
> >
> > I have imap in my system but not libc-client  I think.
> >
> > Thanks for clues/answers and more power.

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that it is strongly urged that people
_don't_ use yum for upgrading their system.

Just a thought - I can't remember why that was. I saw another good
alternative though from Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

"... it's often hard to guess exactly which packages will be on
which disk. I'd suggest doing an FTP or HTTP install -- you only have to
download fedora/core/3/i386/os/images/boot.iso (4.9M), start the
install,
and then from within the installer pick what packages you want."