How do I disable ACPI in FC3 x86_64

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 12:14:48 UTC 2005

Chris Morrison wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Due to the fact this it is riddled with bugs that the developers do not
> seem interested in fixing, and the battery monitor does not work with it
> I would like to disable ACPI on my FC3 laptop.
>
> I've tried adding the acpi=no parameter to the kernel bootup in the
> grub.config file but the machine is still booting in ACPI, i.e there is
> no /proc/APM folder.
>
> How do I disable it?
>

> Chris

I believe you need to add acpi=off in the grub.conf file. I have the
opposite problem, I cannot boot without acpi. See grub entry for the
flipside.

title Fedora Core (2.6.10-1.1155_FC4)
         root (hd0,1)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.1155_FC4 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 acpi=on 3

With the longer volume number, the line is wrapped.

acpi=off

Jim