How do I disable ACPI in FC3 x86_64

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 13:27:17 UTC 2005

Chris Morrison wrote:
> Due to the fact this it is riddled with bugs that the developers do not
> seem interested in fixing, and the battery monitor does not work with it
> I would like to disable ACPI on my FC3 laptop.
>
> I've tried adding the acpi=no parameter to the kernel bootup in the
> grub.config file but the machine is still booting in ACPI, i.e there is
> no /proc/APM folder.

Does acpi=off work? Documentation/x86_64/boot_options.txt suggests
that's what you're supposed to use.

Otherwise, you could always recompile your kernel without it compiled
in...

It doesn't look as though x86_64 kernels support APM: there's no option
in make *config to turn it on as far as I can see.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | Banana in disk drive error
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |