Network Manager: slightly OT

Ganeshram Iyer ganeshramiyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 22:56:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:10:50 -0500, Erik Hemdal <ehemdal at townisp.com> wrote:

> > Sorry if my post is seen as OT but I need a similar answer
> > working altogether. I even tried ndiswrapper on this card but
>
> Ganesh:
>
> If the card "briefly worked for a day", perhaps changing the frequency of
> your access point will help.
>
> Make sure that the access point is actually able to provide an address, as
> well.  By default, the ones I've seen will, but this can be disabled if you
> want it to be.  Look for DHCP settings on the AP.
>
> Erik

Thanks Erik,
I did play with the router and with a restart the connection started
working again. Of course I dont know why this affected the FC3 box
alone as the Windows PCs were able to get an address with no problem.
Well it may have something to do with the fact that the card is not
natively supported in Linux. I hope this situation does not repeat, as
I do not want to restart the router every two days. It simply is not
the solution.
Thanks for your help.
Ganesh