installing Xine

iurodivii no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sat Mar 5 01:04:05 UTC 2005

I am replying to Jeff (#3) where he recommended:

and this is what DAG's FAQ (found at http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B) is attempting to teach me:

> What is Yum and how do I use it ?
> Yum is an update-tool written in python. It is younger than Apt, and still lacks some advanced features like pinning and scripting. It also requires at least 128MB RAM to work properly and doesn't have a graphical front-end yet.
>
> You can download Yum from the Freshrpms repository, at: http://apt.freshrpms.net/
>
> If you've installed Yum, please add the following section to /etc/yum.conf:
>
> [dag]
> name=Dag RPM Repository for Fedora Core baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag

I have installed yum but...I am not sure how to "add the following section to /etc/yum.conf:"

what is the command to do so?

and following the command, do i type
"[dag]
name=Dag RPM Repository for Fedora Core baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag"

all on one line, verbatim, in my terminal?

I know that i am an obvious wannabe but if anyone's bored enough i'd love the help

Chris

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=45677&topic_id=9664&forum=4#forumpost45677