Cross-compilation for other architectures

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Sat Mar 5 01:35:54 UTC 2005

Hello, all -

I was wondering what steps might be involved to port a Fedora release to
another architecture, for the purpose of running on a semi-embedded
platform.

Are there any tools that are used, or are all packages compiled by hand
for the new architecture?  If anyone has ever done anything like this
before on this sort of scale, I would greatly appreciate their input.

I've done stuff like this by porting misc applications to my Palm Pilot
when I was playing around with uClinux, at which time I basically did
cross-compile every application I wanted to run on it's m68k platform.
Those days are long gone, and I don't recall much from them.

Again, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
-dant