GRUB with Dual OS and Keyboard Freeze at Boot up

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 03:08:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:45:00 -0600, Mauricio Villegas
<mvillegas at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I just installed FC3. Installation went ok. I configured XP and linux on the
> machine. At boot, the keyword seems to freeze so that I can really never
> choose between my two boot options. I have noticed that if I touch the
> keyboard prior to the main splash window I get the menu with my two options
> byt then all lights on the keyword go off and no matter what I hit F1-F12,
> space, Enter, etc. there is no response.
>
> Any one has had a similar experience and may know of a solution to this
> problem?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mauricio

Hi Mauricio,
If this is a USB keyboard, go into your BIOS and enable "USB legacy
support" (or something with a similar name).  This will allow you to
use the keyboard before an OS boots.  If you have a manual for your
motherboard, it should describe in detail all the sections of the BIOS
setup.  If not, just poke around until you find stuff related to USB.

Jonathan