Tripwire Questions

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Sat Mar 5 20:10:44 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 13:02, Mark Sargent wrote:
>

>>Mark Sargent wrote:
>>

>>Hi All,
>>
>>here is the script,
>>

>>#! /usr/bin/perl -w
>>
>>$Additions = 0;
>>$Removals = 0;
>>while ($line = <STDIN>) {
>>if ( $line =~ /^\s*#\s*(\/\S+)/ ) {
>>if ( -e $1 ) {
>>    $line =~ s/^\s*#//;
>>    $Additions++;
>>}
>>}elsif ( $line =~ /^\s*(\/\S+)/ ) {
>>if ( ! -e $1 ) {
>>   $line = "#" . $line;
>>   $Removals++;
>>}
>>}
>>}
>>print STDERR "Number of additions: $Additions\n";
>>print STDERR "Number of removals: $Removals\n";
>>

>You said the script does not generate a policy file?  Looking at the
>script it does not look like it outputs anything but the counts it
>generated.
>
>Of course I have not done any serious perl programing so I may be
>missing how this script is suppose to process a servers file systems and
>generate a policy file.
>
>This may be a script fragment for doing that but it does not look
>complete.

Hi All,

Scott, the command sends the content of twpol.txt.orig in to the
cleanpol.pl and then when completed, puts the results into twpol.txt.
The < > characters in the command are supposed to do exactly that. But,
for me, it isn't working. Anyway, as this is a study box, I've
re-installed FC3, as the previous was an upgrade from 2, and some things
may have been corrupted. Cheers.

MArk Sargent.