Is Linux really faster than MS Windows ?

Parameshwara Bhat pbhat at ongc.net
Sat Mar 5 06:11:32 UTC 2005

On my home computer and office computer, I have logged the time taken upto
logging in, it turns out that Ms windows(XP) is faster than Linux. On both
computers, dma is turned on.On my home computer, I have SUSE, Fedora and
Knoppix (debian) installed and on office computer, only Fedora. I have
measured with all the distros and while knoppix is faster of the distros,
still it doesn't measure upto Windows in speed. Both fedora and SUSE take
about one and a times longer time, evrything else remaining same.

Any comments ? Or am I missing something ?

Parameshwara Bhat.