FC-3 duplicate rpms

don fisher dfisher at as.arizona.edu
Sat Mar 5 18:18:42 UTC 2005

Alexander,

Thanks. It is an X86_64 system. I was led to the problem when I
received an incomputable libraries error message on libGL and libXt.
Is there a method to know when one is linking to the 32 bit or 64 bit
libs?

Thanks
don

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Sa, den 05.03.2005 schrieb don fisher um 18:46:
>

>>I have a FC-3 system that I recently instilled. I also ran up2date
>>which installed more than 350 updates. When I do an rpm -qa | sort, I
>>find that there are many RPMs listed twice. I tried rebuilding the
>>database, even an --initdb but the situation persists.
>>
>>Is this a operational problem, or just a sloppy data base? Is there
>>any way to "clean up" the system, short of a reinstall. Since I
>>performed the install recently I am not confident that a repeat would
>>produce different results.
>>
>>don
>

> You have an x86_64 FC3 on a 64bit system? Then these double listed RPMs
> a normal. Run i.e.
>
> rpm -qa --qf "%{name} %{version} - %{arch}\n" | sort
>
> and you would see both i386 and x86_64 packages for the doubles.
>
> If you have no 64bit FC3 then please provide us with a few examples of
> twice listed RPMs.
>
> Alexander

|    Don Fisher				  dfisher at as.arizona.edu  |
|    Steward Observatory		  			  |
|    933 N. Cherry Ave.    		  VOICE: (520)888-7613	  |
|    University of Arizona		                          |
|    Tucson, AZ  85721                				  |