Sound-Recorder problems

Erik P. Olsen erik at epo.dk
Sat Mar 5 20:43:12 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 14:10 -0500, David Curry wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
> > Jack wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >> what error messages do you get when starting gnome sound-recorder?
> >> Try starting it manually from a terminal and watch the messages it
> >> will print out.
> >>
> >>     ------------------------------
> >
> > # /usr/bin/gnome-sound-recorder
> > Segmentation fault
> >
> > I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that?
> >
> > Bob G
> >
> Gnome-sound-recorder does not work on my system either, Bob.  Unlike
> your situation, though, starting gnome-sound-recorder from a command
> line launches the application with no error messages.  The gui interface
> appears and will display messages indicating it is recording but the
> slide progress indicator does not move and there is no sound on playback.

Exactly the same way it behaves on my FC3, kernel-2.6.10-1.770, with
AW320 sound card. I (and others) have brought this up on the Alsa
mailing list with no response at all.  Issue 820 on ALSA bugtracking
system deals with this problem and about a week ago I added a comment to
it so far without response.

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen