In Regards to (Re: Software Raid boot problem)

Don Dupy fedora at maxxrad.net
Sun Mar 6 00:21:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am So, den 06.03.2005 schrieb Don Dupy um 0:33:
>
>> Question for all..........
>> I am looking at setting up a FC3 server on a Dell Poweredge 750 server
>> It is mainly going to be a mail server. However here is my ponder.
>> The machine has 2-80GB Serial ATA drives and a RAID card.
>>
>> Does FC3 play nice with the serial ata raid stuff ?
>
> Depends on the hardware. If the RAID controller is a real hardware RAID
> controller and supported by the Linux kernel, then it is fine. Else
> choose Linux software RAID.

According to Dells spec it is a H2052	CARD (CIRCUIT), CONTROLLER, Serial
ATA, CERC-SATA-6CH. (whatever that is)

If you think software RAID works for serialATA drives (and I know you are
the man when it comes to this list, I have seen alot of very helpful
knowledge come out of those fingers ;-) )

I may give that a try.

--
Don Dupy

FC1 - Kernel 2.4.22 - Dell Poweredge 600SC
http://www.maxxrad.net
email: fedora at maxxrad.net