Multi homed proxy server

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Sun Mar 6 12:08:17 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 14:13 +0300, Kevin Plew wrote:
> I am a soldier stationed in Kuwait trying to setup a wireless network for
> around 200 soldiers. I have settled on using 2 separate wireless networks
> to handle the load- both connected to a satellite broadband connection.
> The satellite service requires the use of a proxy client residing on my
> linux box. I have a linux box setup with 2 NICs to handle this for the 2
> separate networks. My setup is as follows:
> eth0/192.168.1.20 connected to wireless router/192.168.1.1
> eth1/192.168.100.20 connected to wireless router/192.168.100.1
>
> I have dhcp running on the box which is working perfectly serving
> addresses to the different networks.
>
> I have to separate instances on the proxy client running- 1 each attached
> to eth0 and eth1. The proxy server is at 10.01.11.50. Both instances must
> connect to the proxy server at 10.10.11.50. My problem is with routing.
> Only 1 interface is able to reach the 10.10.11.50 server. I have tried
> static routes set.
> Is there any way to setup networking to allow both interfaces to reach the
> proxy server?
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> Kevin

Is your firewall dropping the packets?( tcpdump or ethereal to check )
Is the DHCP server assigning the correct default gateways, dns info to
both subnets?( traceroute and dig )
Does traceroute from the proxy to a node with a problem go the correct
way?
Does a traceroute from node with a problem to the proxy go the correct
way?
Is the proxy configured to allow access from the ip range in question?
( check log files )

Ted