What is user machbuild?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Mar 6 14:06:26 UTC 2005

Am So, den 06.03.2005 schrieb Dark Silver um 12:53:

> when I install some rpm pachage, the terminal shows
> warning: user machbuild does not exist - using root
> warning: group machbuild does not exist - using root
> warning: user machbuild does not exist - using root
> warning: group machbuild does not exist - using root
> anyone can tell me how to get the user machbuild work?

You are not installing RPMs but SRC.RPMs - means sources not binaries.
The one who packaged the SRC.RPM/SRPM did that as user machbuild. As
this user does not exists on your system you get this warning messages.
The SRC.RPM is deflated though. You could use the source RPM with any
other user without a problem.
I just suspect that you don't want to build your own RPM but to install
a binary RPM. So get the right package.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 15:03:41 up 13 days, 2:12, load average: 0.03, 0.15, 0.11