Parportscanner and Sane.

Philip Moller phmo at punkt.se
Sun Mar 6 15:20:54 UTC 2005

Hi Alexander !
Thanks for responding.

Yes, I still have problems to get my parportscanner to work in Linux.
The scanner is stonedead, no matter what I do ...  But it works great in
Win98.
You said I should use strace ...
Ok, I haven't tested that, so way not ?
But I´am getting error when I do the code you recommended ?
I get this:
[root] # strace -o /tmp/scan.txt SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=1 scanimage -L
strace: SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=1: command not found

What am I doing wrong ?

>> I do not see why you installed the sane-backend from sources. Didn't
>> SANE shipping with Fedora Core work either? Do you have the RPM
>> installed too? Could be a conflict then now.

I installed from sources, because I wanted the latest version
(sane-backends-1.0.15).
No, the sane-version that shipped with Fedora Core didn't work either.
No, I havent the RPM installed also, that package is deinstalled.
So, there is no conflicts with other sane-packages.

I´ve also posted my problem to Fedoraforum:
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44825

>> I must say that your posting is a fine example how a good problem
>> description looks like. Excellent.
Thank you !
I realy want a solution on my problem, so I hope there is no
misunderstandings.
My native language is swedish, so I hope my english is intelligible.

Any help on my problem, is appreciated.

--
Greetings!
Philip Moller