Using the MD5 check sum

Brad D jakaiju at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 02:03:26 UTC 2005

I would like a quick explanation on how to use the md5sum program to check the ISO downloads with.

The intructions on the redhat site state, "After downloading the ISO images, check the MD5 checksums for the ISO images to ensure that your download was successful. Do this by running the md5sum program from a shell prompt against your ISO images and comparing the values returned against the ones published by Red Hat."

How do I use the "shell prompt" to do this?

Tahnk you