curl

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 7 02:06:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 12:00:52PM -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:00:52 -0600
> From: Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic at pbl.ca>
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: curl
>
> Mark Panen wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >Ok sometimes you have to be a wizard to figure out a man page.
> >
> >"curl ftp://ftp.someone.net/somefile.iso > somefile.iso" starts a download.
> >
> >What i would like to know is how to resume it ?
>
> wget -c ftp://ftp.someone.net/somefile.iso

I think paul had it. more correct.

       -C/--continue-at <offset>
              Continue/Resume a previous file transfer at the  given  offset.
              The  given  offset  is  the  exact number of bytes that will be
              skipped counted from the beginning of the source file before it
              is  transferred  to the destination.  If used with uploads, the
              ftp server command SIZE will not be used by curl.

              Use "-C -" to tell curl to automatically find out where/how  to
              resume  the transfer. It then uses the given output/input files
              to figure that out.

Now your line:

   curl ftp://ftp.someone.net/somefile.iso > somefile.iso

Looks like it might become:

   curl -C - ftp://ftp.someone.net/somefile.iso > somefile.iso

Note the '-' after the -C

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new place to hang my hat :-)