Make that "Everything" I've asked for...

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Mar 7 03:30:37 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 20:48, Jeff Vian wrote:

> > But 'everything' includes things that aren't in any other set.
> >

> Exactly.
> Everything means *_everything_* in the distribution release.

I know what it currently means.  I just doubt that it is what
very many people actually want so it doesn't make sense as
the only special case that includes all the programs.  Reasonable
defaults are always a good thing.

> If you want *almost* everything then use the custom install and select
> all you want and leave out what you don't.

OK, so it is possible to get what most people would want by making
thousands of individual selections involving programs they
don't know anything about yet...  How many people who picked
English at that first dialog really need cannaserver running
all the time?

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com