DVD writing software (Gnome)

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Mar 7 08:14:42 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 07:56 +0000, WipeOut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just upgraded my CD-RW drive to a DVD+/-RW drive..
>
> Yesterday I tried to write a whole lots of data to a DVD+RW disk using
> X-CD-Roast (which I have used for a while and find it easy to use)..
> When it cam to write the DVD it gave the following error..
>
> ----- Error start -----
> Calling: /usr/lib/xcdroast-0.98/bin/xcdrwrap CDRECORDPRODVD dev=
> "/dev/cdrom" gracetime=10 fs=4096k -v driveropts=burnfree,noforcespeed
> speed=48 -dao -eject -pad -waiti tsize=978759s -
>
> execv error while calling /usr/bin/cdrecord.prodvd (No such file or
> directory)
> ----- Error end -----

X-CD-Roast requires the proprietary "prodvd" version of cdrecord to burn
DVDs. It's also prone to complaining about the need for ide-scsi even on
2.6-kernel based systems that don't need it. I'd switch to using k3b if
I was you (yes, I know it's a KDE app but it's by far the best GUI for
this and it works just fine in gnome).

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>