Is Linux really faster than MS Windows ?

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Mon Mar 7 07:42:09 UTC 2005

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 05 March 2005 19:20, Skunk Worx wrote:
>
>>Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
>>
>>>Any comments ? Or am I missing something ?
>>
>>i've been working on a windows XP box, trying to figure out why it
>>grinds the hard drive all day, on every mouse movement, while linux
>>plugged into the same machine (same model model/size hard drive
>>swapped in) does not.
>

> My instant, gut reaction is that your XP box has a keylogger
> installed, and that it logging every keypress and mouse move.
> Get yourself a good snooper utility and see what it says about that.
> It is un-natural, even for a windows box.

interesting replies (i've read all of them, only responding to one) but
this is not my box, belongs to an elderly person, not sure why they
should have to go through this.

windows is really kind of a poor solution in general if it is so easy to
hide keyloggers, etc. (as a casual google shows).

also not sure why i should have to "dig" for any swap settings, or why
they would be wrong in the first place.

if you people have some bone to pick with linux, or are pro-windows,
take it off list...it's not a fedora support issue.