Sparklan WL385F USB wlan?

Toralf Lund toralf at procaptura.com
Mon Mar 7 08:47:25 UTC 2005

Has anybody got the Sparklan WL-385F USB WLAN adapter
(http://www.sparklan.com/wl385f.htm) to work on a Fedora setup? I've
tried various "built-in" drivers as well as the "Prism2" ones on
http://www.linux-wlan.com, but with no luck so far. The unit shows up in
usbview, and the kernel module loads with no complaints, but I'm not
actually able to start networking; I get a "no device present" error
message. Actually, Linux driver sourcecode is downloadable from
Sparklan's web site, too, but I can't get it to build, and it just looks
like it's just an older version of the linux-wlan code (which is why I
tested that one.)

Help, anyone?

- Toralf