Mounting devices problems

Sasa Stupar sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Mon Mar 7 10:17:15 UTC 2005

Hi!

I am running on FC3. Now I can mount/unmount floppy and my external ZIP
(parallel port) drives but when I try to mount them as ordinary user I
get back "Only root can do this". Moreover I can't even access "Disk
Management". Before I ran on FC2 and I didn't have this problem.
Here is my /etc/fstab:
-------------
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults
1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults
1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults
0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/hdd                /mnt/cdrw      auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hdb                /mnt/dvdrw      auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy          auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/sda4               /mnt/zip        auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

However both CD and DVD are mounting automatically when CD/DVD is
inserted.

Any idea what is wrong here?

Regards,
Sasa