Make that "Everything" I've asked for...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:52:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 10:49, David Curry wrote:

> 7.  I'm/We are not going to consider doing anything but moving a bunch
> of apps out of core into extras.
[...]
> FWIW, there are some thoughts.  :-)  (Donning fire retardent gear, he
> says "Feel free to flame away!)  :-)

One other thing that would really improve the install experience and
might mesh with this split would be to arrange the files on the CD's
so a typical install would only require the first CD and rarely used
stuff is on 3 and 4. I normally do an NFS install from the downloaded
iso files anyway so it doesn't matter much to me, but it would be nice
to reduce the disk swapping needed for the first install.

A live run-from-cd cut would be good too so people could try new
features before they blow away their old system.  The Ubuntu
distribution offers these features and is getting good reviews.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com