Is Linux really faster than MS Windows ?

mark at mark.mielke.cc mark at mark.mielke.cc
Mon Mar 7 18:01:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 11:42:09PM -0800, Skunk Worx wrote:
> windows is really kind of a poor solution in general if it is so easy to
> hide keyloggers, etc. (as a casual google shows).

> also not sure why i should have to "dig" for any swap settings, or why
> they would be wrong in the first place.
> if you people have some bone to pick with linux, or are pro-windows,
> take it off list...it's not a fedora support issue.

It's a fedora support issue if people believe statement such as the
first one I quote from you - "Windows is really kind of a poor ...".

You think it is hard to hide a key logger under Linux?

If anything, it may even be *easier*... :-)

It's not about a bone to pick. It's about balance. If people can say that
Linux provides security, or is faster, or whatever, other people should be
able to rebut.

What you should have wrote is - if people want to argue philosophies or
opinion-based performance benchmarks, they should take it off list. This is
a support forum, not a "I like Linux best!" forum...

Alas, the mailing list is not actually name a support forum. It is "for
users of Fedora Core". For users of Fedora Core, one consideration may be
performance which leads us to...

Cheers,
mark

--