Can't mount ntfs

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Mar 8 15:25:47 UTC 2005

Sasa Stupar wrote:
> Recently I have upgraded my kernel on FC3 from 2.6.9 to 2.6.10 (latest) and
> now I can't mount my ntfs partition anymore. I get back that ntfs is not
> supported by kernel. This is strange because I roll back with old kernel and
> it is working. Is there some change for ntfs module?

NTFS is not supported directly by Fedora kernels. So if you had it
working for an earlier kernel, you must have downloaded and installed
the driver for that kernel. Just do the same for the new kernel.

$ rpm -qa | grep -i ntfs

may give a clue as to the package you installed to get it working.

One such set of packages can be found at:
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/index.html

Paul.