etc/resolv.conf gets overwritten with blank file upon boot.

Nat Gross natgross.rentalsystems at verizon.net
Tue Mar 8 18:04:11 UTC 2005

Hi;
I recently changed my stations to NOT use dhcp (as well as the Linksys
router) and everything is fine and dandy.
EXCEPT, that upon every re-boot, the etc/resolv.conf which has my isp's
dns's, gets overwritten with a blank file, and my web programs cease to
operate. The resolv.conf sitting in etc/sysconfig/networking.... is ok,
and I just copy it over to etc/resolv.conf.
Which program is doing this, and how do I tell it to stop.

Thank you;
-nat
ps. While I was using dhcp, the router was also supplying the
nameservers, so I didn't need /etc/resolv.conf.