[Fedora] Re: Port 25 closing?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Mar 8 20:24:46 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:

>Since it is a Windows XP box you might try reinstalling the OS........
>
>Better run an up to date virus check on it and spyware tool.  Could be
>infected.

    The system is clean, I've gone through it thoroughly and there just
isn't anything that would do that. And this problem only started as soon
as SP2 was installed, like almost instantly after it was updated, it
started happening.  So, I can't help but point a big fat finger at XP.

>Or better yet, install FC3 on it.  That should fix the problem.

    That won't work.  We rely too much on several Win32 applications
that won't run in Wine (or other commercially available emulators.)

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.